Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag January 2015 "Fresh Start"


Hey Beauty Bees,

With the beginning of a new year, comes a fresh start with our Ipsy bags. Go figure!! That's the theme of this month's bag. I got more excited with every sneak peek as there were so many products that I wanted to try, unfortunately I did not get any of them. Not the best way to start off the year but I can only have optimism for next month since Ipsy has never steered me wrong before. If you are new to Ipsy, learn about it here.

To start, I wanted to talk about the bag. I did really like how colorful it was. Blue, white and pink went very well together on the basic Ipsy bag design. 

Here is what came inside:
Astrida Naturals Orange Mint Lip Balm with Shea Oil- Full Size Value $4
This is a very basic lip balm. I will admit that the combination of orange and mint did smell very good. I have gotten alot of lip balms from Ipsy over the months and this one was nothing special. The only thing different was the brand which was one I had not heard of. I definitely would have rather gotten one of the other products.

Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer- Sample Size Value $7.20
This product is said to increase fullness of lips while decreasing fine lines. It says for best results you should use it 3 times a day for a month. This small sample would not really show any results for me to decide if I want to buy a full size or not. I was also not very impressed with getting two lip products, especially since they were both ones that I probably will not be using.

Lashfood Phyto-Medic Lash Enhancer- Sample Size Value $13.30
Now this is kind of a cool product. It helps give you stronger, thicker and longer lashes in 4 weeks. It is organic and you apply it like a liquid eyeliner but it goes on clear. Personally, I do not need a product like this so I will pass it on to someone I know who would need a product of this nature. I am happy that this sample is enough for the full 4 weeks so that you can actually use it and decide if you want to buy the full size from the results you get.

Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow- Sample Size Value $5
This was a product that everyone received in their bags. I got it in the color ethereal which is a very pretty shimmery champagne color. I have loved all the Pacifica products I have received up until today. The shadow itself was very chalky and not very pigmented. The container also felt very cheap and fell apart as soon as I went to open it.

Probelle Into The Blue Nail Lacquer-Full Size Value $6
This polish was the only thing that was keeping my optimism up until I used it. Don't get me wrong the color is gorgeous especially during the "Frozen" fanatics of this past year. The only problem is that it is a very thin polish and I needed almost four coats to make it opaque. I am hoping I can try using a white polish underneath to make it work better since I really do love this color especially for the upcoming spring.

January's bag was valued at $35.40 and contained 3 samples and 2 full sized products. For the first time ever I was pretty disappointed with my bag. I can see myself using the polish and lip balm a few times but everything else will probably sit in my vanity for a while or be given to someone else. Good luck in February Ipsy!!


Beauty Buzz Rating: 2/5
Did you get the same products in your Ipsy bag this month? Also let me know what other subscription boxes you would like to see me review.

Comments

  1. I agree, two lip products is too much! I love the eyeshadow colour though! :) xx

    whaticallthislittleblogofmine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the eyeshadow color too, I just wish it was more pigmented and went on well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.