Blogmas #2 - Old Factory Candles "Happy Holidays" Set Review



Hey Beauty Bees,

Usually I write reviews on beauty or fashion products but when I was given the chance to do a review on candles I could not give it up. I absolutely love candles and have sooo many that I have started to pair scents together that I think would meld well. 

Old Factory Candles came up with these gift sets that contain 3 different scented candles. They are hand-poured in the USA with natural soy wax, self-trimming wicks, and premium fragrance oils. Each gift set is themed around a group of related fragrances. So everyone is sure to find something perfect for every occasion, every room in the house, and all the special someones in your life.

Happy Holidays: Christmas Tree, Candy Cane, Gingerbread
Fall Harvest: Pumpkin Spice, Cranberry, Autumn Leaves
Winter Wonderland: Hot Cocoa, Roasted Chestnut, First Snow
Romance: Rose Petals, Champagne, Dark Chocolate
Fresh & Clean: Lemongrass, Olive Blossom, Fresh Linen
Spa Day: Cucumber, Lemongrass, Green Tea
Vacation: Sea Breeze, Hawaiian Lei, Awapuhi
Coffee Shop: Coffee Bean, Hazelnut, Chai Tea
Man Cave: Straight Razor, Leather, Mahogany
High as a Kite: Cannabis, Incense, Bag O' Cookies
New Born Baby: Baby Powder, Baby Shampoo, First Blanket
50 Shades: Leather, Vanilla Sex, Jasmine Bubbles





I received the Happy Holiday set. These are some amazing candles. Although they are a smaller size, they filled up my entire apartment with there amazing scents. I was very impressed with the clean burning time of over 20 hours and that the wicks self trim themselves. I was also liking the formula of the candles because they did not give off alot of smoke that some candles tend to. The only down side was that the jars are pretty small and I just wish they could have been a bit bigger so that they could have lasted longer.

Gingerbread - This was my favorite of the three. It smelt just like a cookie and every time I burned it, I just wanted to bake. The sweet scent really got me into the Christmas mood since I always do alot baking during this time and Gingerbread men are one of the cookies I make.

Christmas Tree - This was Chris's favorite candle of the set. I usually am not a big fan of woodsy type scents but this one in particular has a really nice subtle Christmas Tree scent. It smelt like when you get a real Christmas tree and those few days later after the really strong pine scent calms down a little. I had just been finishing off my "Vineyard" candle from Yankee Candle when Chris lit this one and the mix was incredible. These two scents work so amazing together and we only used them together until they were both finished off.

Candy Cane - This scent was alright for me. It definitely smelt exactly like a candy cane but I found it to be extremely sugary and sweet smelling. If I could have found another scent to pair with it, I probably would have liked it more. I could even just leave the top off of this one and after a little while the room started to smell like the tasty treat.

These sets would make a great gift for loved ones especially ones who like candles or home decor.

The Old Factory Candle Gift Sets are sold exclusively on Amazon.

If you would like to learn more about this company or the candles mentioned visit the brands website:

www.oldfactorycandles.com

*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent this set for free from Old Factory Candles. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.


Don't forget to check out the other posts in my Blogmas Series:

Comments

  1. After reading your review it's making me super excited for my set to come in. I had such a hard time deciding on what set I wanted to get but I ordered "Spa Day". Thanks for the review.

    xoxo,
    Yu from Spine Breaker Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Your gonna love them. I had the hardest time choosing my set as well!! I eventually chose the "Happy Holidays" set for the sole purpose of using it as a blogmas post.

      Delete
  2. Fab review! I love the sound of the vacation set. How big are the jars exactly?
    Victoria www.thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are about the same size of the smallest candles from bath and body works. 2 oz each.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.