Blogmas #12 - New Makeup by One Direction Kits & Limited Edition Beauty Collection Review


Hey Beauty Bees,

One Direction has come out with there own makeup line just in time for Christmas.

They have three Kits: Electro Glam Mascara, Liquilights Glow Gloss, Rock Me Nail Kit.

They also have a Limited Beauty Collection that come in 5 Limited Edition Tins (1 for each band member). Each Tin includes 6 shadows, an eye pencil, 4 lip glosses, a lip gloss top coat and 2 nail polishes.

I decided to put them to the test today and here is what I thought.

Electro Glam Mascara

"Give your look a jolt of electric colour, with this limited-edition trio of ultra-bold coloured mascaras for hair and lashes, in three heavily pigmented, buildable colours."

Colors: Shock of blue, Pinkest hot pink, Amped canary yellow

I thought these mascaras were awesome. I have never tried colored mascaras before today but I can definitely see myself using them whenever I really want a pop of color. The blue and pink worked extremely well but I felt that the yellow did not show up at all. When I read that they could be used in hair as well I could not wait to test it out. It was so simple to put in and the colors showed up better than I thought they would. I would highly suggest working with very small sections of hair at a time since it does make your hair clump together a little bit, but with a wide tooth come I was able to comb thru it, giving it a smooth look and feel. This product easily comes out with only one wash.


Liquilights Glow Gloss


"Liquilights Glow Gloss sparkles brilliantly during the day and illuminates under UV black light after dark. Enriched with natural oils and vitamin E to keep your lips soft and hydrated all day and all night."



Colors:
Electric glitter poppy lip gloss that glows to neon red-orange under UV light 
Orange glitter rush lip gloss that glows to neon yellow under UV light 

Powerhouse glitter pink lip gloss that glows to neon orange under UV light


I think this is such a cool idea for a lip gloss. It would be awesome during New Years or any other day you will be celebrating or having a party. These glosses were extremely pigmented and went on very smooth. My favorite color was the pink. I was not able to test out if they worked with a UV light since I do not have one and had no access to one during this review.

Rock Me Nail Kit


"Rock me nail kit, featuring neon UV-reactive Nail Varnish and UV-reactive glitter nail toppings that add even more sizzle to your mani, for nails that light up day and night."

Uv Nail Varnish Colors: Iced blue glitter, Neon Pink, 3D holographic 
Uv Glitter Toppings Colors: Snow cone blue, Electrified pink glitter, Holo glitter
I will be honest and say this polishes are not the best on there own. You need quite a few coats to cover your nails and they take an extremely long time to dry. However, when using they glitter toppings with the polishes they are pretty cool. The glitter helps the polish dry faster and with a good top coat it stays put for a long time. I will warn you to be VERY careful with the little glitter containers since they can make a mess easily. I currently have a ton of glitter all over my shirt and floor.
Makeup by One Direction available now at: Macy's, Dillards, Boscov's, Stage Stores, Beauty Brands and Lord & Taylor


Limited Edition Beauty Collection Tin

"Created for—and inspired by—fans of the world's biggest band, this limited-edition beauty collection is fun, bold and a tad mischievous, just like ONE DIRECTION."


I really enjoyed playing around with this set since it had some interesting colors that I normally would not have picked up. 

For my eyes I played around with the minty blue, sparkly black and shimmery silver. The colors were not as pigmented as some of the other shadows I own but they worked well as I kept reapplying. The black liner was also a product I had to reapply a few times to get a  solid line on my upper and lower lash line.

The lip colors in this set were very bright and I was very surprised that I loved them so much. The formula was more of a liquid lipstick instead of a lipgloss. Each one was extremely pigmented and the little lip brush included was very helpful for applying. I liked that this set included four different pink shades since I love using bright colors on my lips. I personally liked the bright bubble gum pink color the best as you can see in the pictures above. The lip gloss top coat was a cool way to add extra sparkle on top of these colors.

I was not able to test out the two nail polishes since I had already done my nails using the Rock Me Nail Kit. I am assuming since it is the same company, that the formulas are the same.

These are available in stores now at: Sears (USA), Kmart, Target, Walmart (Canada)

Overall, I think any of these sets would make a great gift for girls who are into makeup. I feel that they are generated towards a more younger girl rather than someone around my age, since they use alot of brighter and youthful colors in them. However, I can see women of any age getting much use out of certain parts of each set.

To learn more about any of the products listed visit here.

*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent this set for free from Markwins through Brandbacker. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments