Beauty Buzz Trial - Anthony Brands

Hey Beauty Bees,

Have you ever used one of your significant others products while in the shower? I have time and time again "borrowed" my Fiance's disposable razors when he buys a new pack. He gradually notices them disappearing. I am sorry, but men's razors are soooo much better then women's. I will also once in a while steal his shaving cream or shampoo if I have run out. If only there were products out there that we could share!!

Luckily, I HAVE!!

Anthony Skin Care
For over a dozen years, New York City-based Anthony Brands has researched and developed multiple personal care brands specifically targeted to meet the needs of both men and women. These brands include: Anthony, Shaveworks and Grandma Stelle's. 

Since I have been stealing all of Chris's showering products, I thought it would be nice to share these with him and get his opinion on each product.


Invigorating Rush Hair + Body Wash
A rush of scent that recharges. Eucalyptus extract stimulates, Birch Leaf refreshes and Canadian Balsam soothes. Get ready to surge ahead. This Paraben free, 2 in 1 formula cleanses and conditions hair and body in one step. The unique alpine wood scent is very clean and masculine which will invigorate your body and mind. It's a perfect all-in-one product that soothes the body especially after a work-out.

His Verdict: He absolutely loved this body wash. He said he always came out of the shower feeling so clean and thought the scent was the perfect match for him

My Verdict: Personally, It is not a scent I would wear on myself, but I loved it on Chris. Every time he got out of the shower I could smell it on him and it melded extremely well with the cologne that we both love for him, Mont Blanc. He has already hinted for it to be a Christmas stocking stuffer for him this year.


The brand Shaveworks is just another brand within the Anthony Brands.These next two products came in a set called the Get Smooth Duo. They can be used by men or woman, but once again I gave Chris the honor of testing out the products. (Gave me a reason to get him to shave!!)



Pearl Soufflé Shave Cream
For a long-lasting shave with all of the benefits, this is the obvious choice. A paraben-free formula that nourishes the skin with natural botanicals, this shave cream reduces razor irritation, moisturizes the skin, and slows future hair growth. With a light scent of lavender, ginger, and vanilla.

His Verdict: He personally did not like the scent since it was very strong. When he used it to shave his face he said it left a really thick milky residue on his face that he was not a fan off. It did however give him a close shave but will stick to his regular shaving cream.


My Verdict: This shaving cream had a great scent to it to me and left my legs feeling very smooth and soft. I didn't mind the residue since it washed away easily. I am guessing since it is a moisturizing shaving cream that is why it left that behind. It was nice not having to use lotion afterwards since it was already so moisturizing on it owns.

The Cool Fix
This targeted gel lotion formulated is safe to use on even the most sensitive of areas like the bikini zone and underarms post-shave/post-wax. It immediately calms skin and cools razor burn associated with waxing and shaving. Also works to prevent unwarranted razor bumps and future ingrown hairs.

His Verdict: Since Chris does not usually get redness or irritation after shaving, he did not see the point of using a product like this for himself.
My Verdict: I tend to get razor bumps on my underarms once in a while and this product definitely helped with the uncomfortable feeling of it.

Overall, I think these products are more meant for one gender or the other. Anthony products for men and Shaveworks for women. Of course, everyone has there own opinion and could like either. There also could be other products in the line that could work for both genders. We definitely both loved the body wash for him but the shaving products we differed in opinion and only I will be using them.


Beauty Buzz Rating: 3/5

Check out Anthony's site for more information on these products and many more:

*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review however I was sent these products for free from Anthony's. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments

  1. Linda, I came across your blog via the Anthony web site.

    I am looking for advice. My wife likes me to 'manscape'. This includes my 'bikini' area. I have been shaving there for over a year and while it has got better I am still plagued by long standing spots and marks. Should I be using Cool Fix every day and expect them to go away? The marks sort of ruin the intended effect and frankly can be pretty uncomfortable. Appreciate your advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Fix is meant for razor bumps, redness and ingrown hairs. If that is what is causing your uncomfortably I would definitely suggest trying it out. You say they are spots and marks. I am not exactly sure what you mean by that. You can always give it a shot and see if it works. They have a great travel set that comes with a small bottle of the Cool Fix as well as the shaving cream, this way you can test it out for a couple weeks and see if there is any improvement. If so then you can purchase a full size, but if not there isnt a huge money loss there since the pack is around $10

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.