Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag October 2014 "Beauty Candy"

Hey Beauty Bees,

It is mid October and it is the time where many Ipsy Bag reviews go viral. I am no different and will be talking about the different products I received in my bag. If you have not heard of this monthly beauty subscription take a look at this past post for more info.

This month the theme was "Beauty Candy". I was so excited to hear this since I love beauty and who doesn't love candy. Also it goes well with it being the month of Halloween. With every sneak peek that came out this month, I got more and more excited for this bag since there were so many different products that I had heard of before but never tried. Four out of the five brands I got I had never tried before and the one I had, has the best products!!




One of my favorite parts of this subscription is the make up bag that comes with it. The bag for this month was a teal blue quilted looking bag, giving off a very retro inspired look to it The inside was the same color, making it a very plain bag. I do not like the side opening though. I have a couple bags like these and it is harder to get products in and out, especially since you lose a whole inch on the top to work with.


Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths (Sample Size Value $5) 
I was very impressed with these wipes. They are very moist compared to other products like this and I love the fact that you rub the sides together to create a foaming lather that helps clean you face. They would work amazingly at taking makeup off but I would prefer to use them after taking my makeup off or before/after bed.  The scent is very light and subtle which makes them even more incredible to use. I can definitely see myself buying this particular wipes for now on.

Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure (Sample Size Value $4)
This pink nude lip gloss is very smooth and pigmented, not sticky at all. I absolutely love this color as it'll look great over many lipsticks that I have which are the same color. I also got a Starlooks lip liner in the past from Ipsy which is the exact same color as this gloss, so if I can get a lipstick in the future I can pair them all together. The size is also perfect for tossing into your purse or makeup bag for touch ups.
Ecru Acacia Protein BB Cream Beauty Balm for Hair (Sample Size Value $12) 
At first I was confused how there could be a BB Cream for the hair, but I was very impressed with this product. I used it in my wet hair after a shower and let it air dry. My hair was so soft and smooth afterwards. The scent was a basic clean conditioner smell.

Jessie's Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Eye Shadow in "Esmeralda" (Full Size $3.99)
I have always wanted to try products from Jessie's Girl and this eye shadow is amazing. The pigmentation is very good and the two colors swirled together makes the most beautiful bronzey silver color. Usually I find baked shadows to comes off chalky but this one is very silky and smooth.

Rogue By Rihanna Eau De Parfum Speay (Sample Size $9.99)
Usually I hate getting perfumes in my bag since they are the smallest tiniest samples, but this one is actually huge and will last a very long time. The scent is a oriental smell that has notes of vanilla. amber and musk. I personally love it but I can see how some people will shy away from it becuase of its very strong scent. Check out this post on how to describe scents.

October's bag was valued at $34.98 and contained 4 samples and 1 full sized product. I was highly impressed with this bag, bringing back some faith in Ipsy from the not so good bag of last month. I can see myself using every single product and even repurchasing some of them once they run out, such as the makeup wipes and the hair balm.

Beauty Buzz Rating 4.5/5

Did you receive an Ipsy bag? What products did you get? Leave a comment below or send me a link to your review.

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription. My referral link will lead you there: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h

Also check out past bags: SeptemberAugustJuly

*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this subscription with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments

  1. I am not an expert in make ups and just learning thanks for your articles.

    www.milallos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, let me know if there are any specific articles youd like to see

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question.