Beauty Buzz Trial - Ipsy Bag July 2014 "Sensationally Sunkissed"


What: Ipsy Glam Bags contain 4-6 deluxe samples and full sized beauty products in an exclusive makeup bag.

When: Bags ship monthly on the 10th

Cost: $10/month

Extras: You can review your products each month to earn ipsyPoints, which can be redeemed for monthly bonus items.

Every month I stalk my mailbox for this makeup subscription bag to make it to me. It has been one of the main sources to my massive makeup collection growth with its sample and full size products. It also has been a great way to experience new brands and products that I probably never would have given a chance. This months theme was "Sensationally Sunkissed". The make up bag was hot pink with scalloped edges and felt lining, it was love at first sight. What a perfect look and theme for a summer time bag.














Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray (1.7oz Sample Value: $6.65)
Firstly, this stuff smells amazing. It was sent in a separate plastic baggie so it would not leak, but as soon as I opened up the signature pink bubble wrapper envelope I could smell it. After trying it out a couple of times, (on wet and dry hair), I can safely say this product works wonders on the hair. I liked spraying it on freshly washed hair and tousling for a beachy waved look. It also made my hair so soft and silky.
Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer - Secret Sunshine (0.25oz Full Size Value: $10.00)
Although this is like the millionth Pop beauty product I have received from Ipsy (not denouncing the brand), I was extremely happy to see this full size bronzer. This matte brown bronzer made my face look sun-glowed instead of muddy or dirty like many other bronzers out there do. It is also highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way with this product.
Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm - Pretty Pink (1.8g Sample Value: $8.40)
Love...love...love...loooveeeeee this product. Love the color, love the pigmentation, love the formula. It went on so smoothly and felt so moisturizing on my lips.The only thing that I was not happy about was the fact that this product wasn't full size. I can already tell that this will be a lip crayon that I will be repurchasing once I run out.

BareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow - Divine Wine (0.03oz Sample Value: $5.40)
When I heard that BareMinerals was going to be making an appearance in this months bag I was very excited. I have never tried any of there products before and I was happy that I was going to be given the chance too. This cream eye shadow, although small in size, was an awesome product. The color is so pigmented that you only need to put the tiniest bit to cover your entire lid. Its lasting time was remarkably even without a primer. The color was also right up my alley. 

Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 8 (1oz Sample Value: $1.50)
This final sample was very interesting. I have not been able to try it out yet but I have had experiences with the brand, which were all good. The size of this sample is very generous especially for an oil where you do not need to use a lot at a time. I love the fact that this oil has SPF in it, meaning that it will help give your skin color without letting it burn. A tanning oil was definitely a good choice for a summer themed bag and I can not wait to try it out the next time I head to the beach.

July's bag was valued at $31.95 and contained four samples and one full sized product. Although bags in the past have averaged a higher value, this did not lessen my excitement for this bag. I can see myself using every product including the bag itself. Overall, I was completely impressed with this bag.

Did you receive an Ipsy bag? What kind of items did you get? 

Beauty Bee Rating: 5/5

Check out Ipsy's website for more information on joining there monthly subscription, and join the rest of us who stalk our mailboxes every month for those hot pink envelopes. Use my referral link below:

http://www.ipsy.com/r/1g5h


*Disclaimer- I am not being paid to write this review as I bought this subscription with my own money. All opinions are my own and are based on my personal experience and liking of the products.

Comments